Methodist South Hospital is a 156-bed community hospital committed to providing personalized, compassionate and high-quality care to patients and families. Located in Whitehaven, we have been serving the residents of south Memphis and the surrounding area for over forty years. Download campus map (PDF)
Amenities and Hours
Main Hospital, Basement Level
Snacks, drinks, grill items and salad bar available.
Monday – Friday
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Lunch/Dinner: 11:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Lunch/Dinner: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Family Presence/Visiting Guidelines
Hospital Rooms and Critical Care/ICU
There are no set visiting hours. Partners in Care and close family may be with patients 24/7. Other guests are welcome according to the patient’s preference (including Critical Care/ICU) between 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. to respect quiet time and sleeping hours. Hours may vary on some units and floors. Please check with the nurses’ station if you have questions.
Main Hospital Lobby
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Free WiFi is available through the GUEST network. You'll be prompted to accept Methodist's terms and conditions by clicking the "I accept" button. The connection will automatically time out after eight hours of inactivity.
Visitors can park in the East, West and Medical Office Complex lots.
When you check in to the hospital, you'll have the option of setting up an account for themyMethodist Patient Portal, where you can view at-home care instructions, lab results, and follow-up appointments. You can also use it to pay your bill online.
Security and Escorts
Except for the Emergency Department Entrance, doors are locked from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. You may request a security officer to escort you to your car. Please dial “0” and ask the hospital operator for assistance. For your safety, security services are available 24 hours a day.
Snack and drink machines are located Floor 1.
- 24-hour emergency room
- Bone densitometry
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Certified Stroke Center
- Comprehensive cardiac care
- Diabetes care
- Diagnostic Center
- Imaging: Open MRI, 64-slice CT, and ultrasound
- Inpatient and outpatient care
- Intensive care unit
- Rehabilitation services: Physical, speech, and occupational therapy
- Support groups
- Surgical services including same day and Outpatient Surgery Center
- Women’s services
- Comprehensive Wound Healing Center
Clinical Awards & Accreditations
- U.S. News and World Report, Best Regional Hospital
- U.S. News and World Report, Recognized as High Performing in Nine Specialties
- The Joint Commission Accreditations
- Primary Stroke Center Advanced Certification
- Acute Myocardial Infarction Certification
- Certified Cycle IV Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) by the Society for Cardiovascular Patient Care
Michael Ugwueke, CEO/Administrator, welcomes you to Methodist South Hospital.
Florence Jones, Chief Nursing Officer, introduces you to the Patient- and Family-Centered Care philosophy at Methodist South.
Health and Wellness Connection
Get the latest on technology, procedures, new doctors, and events at Methodist South Hospital in our quarterly newsletter, Health and Wellness Connection. Download below or join our mailing list by emailing your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.