Our Sickle Cell Center is a preventive outpatient clinic and dedicated emergency infusion unit specifically for sickle cell patients.
Right here in Memphis, we have one of the largest populations of adult sickle cell disease patients in the country. For these patients, daily life is often interrupted by pain that can last weeks – threatening their family life, career, education and social life.
It is for these patients that we are dedicated to delivering innovative, comprehensive care and developing new treatments through on-site research. We are committed to helping improve the health and quality of life for sickle cell disease patients across the Mid-South.
Give to the Methodist Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center
Your support will help improve the health and quality of life for those in our community who are affected by sickle cell disease.Give Now
Services We Provide
- Lifetime care for adults 18 & older with sickle cell disease
- An on-call physician to answer questions after hours and on weekends
- Comprehensive preventative care and individualized treatment plans
- Quick access to infusion care services for crisis management
- Patient education
- Transition care from pediatric to adult care for patients ages 18-25
Our Center Offers
- A preventative outpatient clinic
- An emergency infusion center with comfortable reclining chairs, warm blankets and snacks
- Social worker on staff to help with other issues that may be affecting your overall well-being
- Transportation assistance, if needed
- Convenient location
We Can Help You
- Access preventative medicine and education
- Quickly access our infusion center for crisis management
- Transition from pediatric to adult care (for patients ages 18 to 25)
- Avoid long wait times in the Emergency Rooms
- Avoid being admitted to the hospital
- Get back home more quickly
Our Center, in collaboration with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, is on the forefront of performing cutting-edge research.
- Testing new drugs that improve the symptoms of sickle cell disease
- Investigating the long-term outcomes of sickle cell disease
- Developing new clinical trials
- Studying a cure of the disease through bone marrow transplantation and, in the future, gene therapy
To schedule an appointment, call us at 901-516-8785 or 901-516-8188.
Methodist Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center
1325 Eastmoreland, Suite 101
Memphis, TN 38104
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.*
*An on-call doctor is available to answer questions after-hours and on weekends.