Informed patients typically recover more quickly and have a better overall experience, so we offer free hip, knee and shoulder replacement classes for anyone considering joint replacement surgery.
These classes will tell you:
- What to expect during and after a total joint replacement operation
- How to prepare yourself to ease recovery
- Rehabilitation options after your surgery
- About the care team who will work with you each day
If you live out of town and can't attend, please call and we'll mail you information.
Every Wednesday | 11:00 a.m.
Methodist North Hospital
Total Joint Center Classroom
Reservation required. Call 901-516-5500
Our Total Joint Center offers free hip, knee and shoulder replacement classes. If you’re considering joint replacement surgery, learn more about the procedure and how to prepare for a smooth recovery.
3rd Wednesday of each month | 3 p.m.
Conference Rooms A&B (Basement Level)
Reservation required. Call 901-516-3726.
Can't Attend a Class?
Learn more about Joint Replacement at Methodist Germantown by watching a video:
What Classes Cover
If you're considering joint replacement surgery, classes cover:
- How to physically prepare for surgery and recovery
- What happens when you check in at the hospital
- What to do with your medications (for example, if you take blood pressure medicine)
- Items to bring with you
- Where your family can stay
- What happens during surgery
- What to expect after surgery
- Your room
- Pain management and expectations
- Physical and occupational therapy
- When you go home
- Home medical equipment
- Rehab options
- Medicare coverages