A place like home for those with a short time to live, our Hospice Residence is a place for families and friends to share in the last days of a loved one’s life.
The Methodist Hospice Residence has the look and feel of home. It’s a place where the terminally ill can go when:
- Their symptoms become too hard to care for at home.
- Their caregiver needs a period of rest.
- They have no caregiver.
Hospice Residence Features
Because we believe in providing loving care for the dying in the comfort of a home-like environment, our Hospice Residence includes:
- Spacious bedrooms, including rooms to care for infants and children. We encourage you to bring comfort items from home like photos, personal mementos and bedding to make the rooms as much like home as possible
- Private baths
- Beds that can be wheeled outside to the garden
- Beautiful walking paths and gardens
- 24-hour open access for family, friends and pets to visit
Take a virtual tour of the Methodist Hospice Residence below:
Levels of Care
- General Inpatient Care – frequent medical and nursing care and symptom management
- Respite Care – up to a five-day stay for patients in the home hospice program in order to provide their caregivers with a restful break
- Residential Care - for patients who have no caregiver and cannot remain at home
We partner with you and your family as a team. Your loved one’s personal physician may transfer responsibility to our medical staff or, if you choose, your personal physician may continue to oversee care—as long as he or she is credentialed with the Methodist Healthcare system.
Visiting Your Loved One
Family and caregivers are always welcome 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Children should have parental supervision and should visit when they are well. Pet visits are also welcome and should be pre-arranged with the patient's nurse.