A planned gift to Methodist Healthcare Foundation offers donors the opportunity to impact the health of our community for many years to come. At the same time, the donor can receive significant tax benefits by making a charitable planned gift.
There are many ways to make a planned gift, which include:
- Bequest - Donors may designate the Methodist Healthcare Foundation as the beneficiary of an asset by will, trust or beneficiary designation form.
- IRA Rollover - Congress recently enacted a permanent extension of the IRA Charitable Rollover. As a result, at 70 ½ years of age, donors can make an IRA Rollover gift of up to $100,000 annually to the Methodist Healthcare Foundation and pay $0 in income tax from their required distribution.
- Beneficiary Designation Gifts - By simply naming Methodist Healthcare Foundation as the beneficiary of a retirement, investment or traditional bank account or of a life insurance policy, donors can often reduce their taxable estate without having to update their will or trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Donors may select to transfer cash or appreciated property to Methodist Healthcare Foundation. In exchange, Methodist will pay fixed payments to the donor (with rates based the donor’s age) for the rest of their life.
- Charitable Lead Trusts - There are two ways that donors may elect to support Methodist Healthcare Foundation through a Charitable Lead Trust:
- A Charitable Lead Annuity Trust willpay a fixed amount each year to Methodist Healthcare Foundation and is more beneficial to donors when interest rates are low.
- A Charitable Lead Unitrustwill pay a variable amount each year based on the value of the assets in the trust. With a unitrust, if the trust's assets go up in value, for example, the payments to Methodist Healthcare Foundation will go up as well.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts - A Charitable Remainder Trust is an irrevocable trust typically funded with highly appreciated long-term property. Donors may structure a Charitable Remainder Trust so that there is a current beneficiary (usually either the donor or a named individual) and a remainder beneficiary-- Methodist Healthcare Foundation.
For information on how you can make a planned gift to benefit Methodist Healthcare, please contact Joey Maurizi at 901.516.0996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.