Construction to Close Lanes Near Methodist University Hospital
Beginning May 30th thru September, expect lane closures near Methodist University Hospital. The hospital is asking non-emergency patients, family members and visitors to park in the free Parking Plaza on Eastmoreland just west of Claybrook. The new full service lobby in Wilson Hall offers registration, check-in and patient transport.
- May 30 –June 30 - Going northbound on Bellevue, the far right lane directly in front of MUH will be closed due to utility work. The construction will at times move the main entrance and emergency room entrance from Bellevue to the driveway on Eastmoreland.
- July 5 – September 30 – Utility work on Union Ave. will close the far Eastbound lane of traffic along Union directly in front of the hospital.
Visit www.methodisthealth.org/muhconstruction for construction updates, or call 901-516-7000.
The $280 million master campus plan is one of the largest transformation projects in the history of the Memphis Medical District. It will elevate healthcare for Memphis and the Mid-South.
The project includes a 440,000 square foot addition in the form of a tower, which will create room to upgrade services within the hospital, as well as provide state-of-the-art medical technology. The upgrade of services consolidates oncology, transplant and outpatient programs into a new centralized area that will increase efficiency for medical staff and caregivers while improving the healthcare experience for patients, family and visitors.
Highlights of the $280 million master campus plan include:
• Consolidation of all transplant services into a two-floor inpatient/outpatient comprehensive Transplant Institute.
• Combining the West Cancer Center location on Union Avenue with hospital-based inpatient and surgical services, creating one comprehensive cancer center.
• State-of-the-art patient tower featuring large private rooms and enhancing efficiency for physicians and nurses.
• Consolidating outpatient care in the new tower, making these services easily accessible from the newly constructed parking plaza.
• Newly constructed parking plaza provides 700 parking spaces for safe access directly into the new patient tower. Valet parking will continue to be provided for the convenience of patients, family members and visitors.
• Demolition of the Crews Wing will allow space for two gardens which will provide greenspace and a healing environment for patients and families.
The project is expected to be completed in 2019.