Wound Healing Using Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
The Comprehensive Wound Healing Center at Methodist North features two state-of-the-art hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) chambers, which deliver oxygen to your tissues to speed wound healing.
Conditions We Treat
- Carbon monoxide intoxication
- Decompression illness
- Gas embolism
- Gas gangrene
- Crush injuries and suturing of severed limbs
- Progressive necrotizing infections, including brown recluse spider bites and flesh-eating bacteria
- Cyanide poisoning
- Compromised skin grafts
- Diabetic ulcers of the feet and legs
- Acute traumatic peripheral ischemia
- Acute peripheral and traumatic artery insufficiency
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Soft tissue radionecrosis
Consultations and Referrals
Because medical oxygen is a controlled drug by the FDA, you need a prescription for HBO therapy. Your physician can prescribe it for you or refer you to us for evaluation by one of our HBO physicians.
Insurance companies vary slightly in their coverage. Medicare lists 15 "approved indications" for Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy. We will contact your insurance carrier regarding coverage before scheduling treatment.