We offer the latest advancements in mammogram and other breast cancer screening and detection at our Margaret West Comprehensive Breast Center and all of our Imaging and Diagnostic Centers—because early detection leads to higher cure rates.
- Better storage of images
- Sharper digital images
- Better detection of microcalcifications.
- Available at Margaret West Comprehensive Breast Center and all of our Imaging and Diagnostic Centers
3D Mammography (3D Breast Tomosynthesis)
- Creates a 3D image of your breast
- Provides incredibly sharp images that can reveal the smallest abnormalities
- Allows for quicker diagnosis
- Available at Margaret West Comprehensive Breast Center —one of the only facilities in Memphis to offer it
Types of Mammograms
- For patients who do not have noticeable breast cancer symptoms (new lumps or masses, breast pain, skin changes) following self exams
- Usually takes about 10 minutes and is performed by a registered radiologic technologist
- Available at Margaret West Comprehensive Breast Center and all of our Imaging and Diagnostic Centers.
- Comprehensive radiological examination and consultation.
- For patients who have an abnormal screening mammogram or symptoms such as breast mass, discharge, pain, dimpling, reconstructed or otherwise altered breast structure.
- In addition to standard views, the examination may include magnified or spot views, ultrasound, 3D mammography, needle localization, and/or biopsy. Available at Margaret West Comprehensive Breast Center in Germantown, Margaret West Comprehensive Breast Center in Midtown, and Methodist Diagnostic Center – Southaven.