Published On 01/30/2012
Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Stroke
A healthy lifestyle plays a big part in decreasing disability and death from stroke. Here are a few steps you can take to help prevent stroke:
- Don't smoke.
- Improve your eating habits.
- Be physically active.
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Get your blood pressure checked and control it if it's high.
- Reach and maintain a healthy weight.
- Decrease your stress level.
- Seek emotional support when you need it.
- Have regular medical checkups.