Classes and Support Groups
Stroke Support Group
As part of our outpatient services, we are proud to offer a monthly Stroke Support Group. This group meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in Medical Office Building A (on the hospital campus). For more information about upcoming topics, please call 901.516.6929.
Free Joint Classes
Methodist Germantown offers free Hip and Knee Replacement classes on the first and third Wednesday of each month, from 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m, and the second Tuesday of each month from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. If you are considering joint replacement surgery, this is a good opportunity to learn more about the procedure and how to prepare for a smooth recovery.
- How to prepare your home and home medical equipment that can help you in recovery
- How to physically prepare for surgery
- Checking in at the hospital
- What to do with your medications (if you take blood pressure medicine, etc.)
- Helpful items to bring with you
- Where your family can stay
- What happens during surgery
- What to expect after surgery
- Your room
- Pain management and expectations
- Physical and occupational therapy
- When you go home
- Rehab options
- Medicare coverages
The more you know about what to expect, the better you can prepare and the better you will recover. Space is limited, so please call to reserve your seat at 901.516.6777. If you live out of town and are unable to attend class, please call us ahead of time and we will mail you an information packet. You can also download our Total Joint Guide here.