Joint Replacement Classes
Informed patients typically recover more quickly and have a better overall experience, so we offer free hip, knee and shoulder replacement classes for anyone considering joint replacement surgery.
These classes will tell you:
- What to expect during and after a total joint replacement operation
- How to prepare yourself to ease recovery
- Rehabilitation options after your surgery
- About the care team who will work with you each day
If you live out of town and can't attend, please call and we'll mail you information.
Every Wednesday | 11:00 a.m.
Second and fourth Wednesdays | 4:00 p.m.
Second Saturdays | 9:00 a.m.
Methodist North Hospital
Total Joint Center Classroom
Reservation required. Call 901.516.5639
Our Total Joint Center offers free hip, knee and shoulder replacement classes. If you’re considering joint replacement surgery, learn more about the procedure and how to prepare for a smooth recovery.
Offered twice each month. Call for times and a reservation.
Please also watch our class video.
The Village at Germantown
7820 Walking Horse Circle
Located 1 mile north of Poplar/Germantown Parkway intersection. Enter at the Main Entrance and stop at the front desk where you will be directed to the theater.
Reservation required. Call 901.516.6896
Can't Attend a Class?
Learn more about Joint Replacement at Methodist Germantown by watching a video.
If you're considering joint replacement surgery, classes cover:
- How to physically prepare for surgery and recovery
- What happens when you check in at the hospital
- What to do with your medications (for example, if you take blood pressure medicine)
- Items to bring with you
- Where your family can stay
- What happens during surgery
- What to expect after surgery
- Your room
- Pain management and expectations
- Physical and occupational therapy
- When you go home
- Home medical equipment
- Rehab options
- Medicare coverages