The Brain and Spine Institute offers comprehensive adult clinical programs, centers and services in order to treat: brain tumors, skull base tumors, spinal and neurological disorders, and stroke.
Brain & Spine Institute Specialties include:
- Comprehensive Neurosurgery- In partnership with Semmes-Murphey Neurologic and Spine Institute, the Brain and Spine Institute provides neurosurgical services for the treatment of brain tumors, spinal disorders, traumatic brain injury, hemorrhagic stroke. The institute also utilizes radiosurgery and radiation therapy for tumor patients.
- General Neurology- Provides care of neurologic disorders like Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Myasthenia Gravis, and Guillian Barre.
- Endovascular Neurologic Intervention- Common procedures include thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke, coiling of aneurysms, angioplasty and stenting of vessels, and diagnostic angiography.
- Neuro-Critical Care- The team of physicians and acute care nurse practitioners (ACNPs) provide 24/7 dedicated neuro-critical care.
- Vascular Neurology- offers 24/7 medical care for acute stroke and cerebrovascular disease. The program also provides a dedicated stroke unit in the emergency department to monitor patients after emergent stroke treatment.