On-Site Health Screenings
Understanding Health Screenings
A health screening is used for early diagnosis of disease. Health screenings can reduce the risk of developing a condition or recognize early warning signs of potential health issues. By holding a worksite health screening, it raises employees’ awareness of certain medical conditions and allows them early access to medical attention and disease management.
Many health screening tests are available that assist with identifying, reducing and removing health risks, which people may be at risk of developing.
The 3 most prevalent health issues affecting Americans today are High Cholesterol, Diabetes and High Blood Pressure (Hypertension).
- Cholesterol – high cholesterol is a major risk factor for coronary heart disease.
- Diabetes – blood sugar/glucose issues can cause serious complications including heart disease, kidney failure, blindness and neuropathy.
- High Blood Pressure/Hypertension – high blood pressure is considered to be a “silent killer” because it has no signs or symptoms but can be fatal. High blood pressure that is left uncontrolled can lead to heart attacks and strokes.
Each screening will consist of a height, weight, BMI assessment and a blood pressure check. In addition, the following major screening tests are our standard recommendation:
- Total cholesterol
- HDL Cholesterol
- Urine nicotine test
However, a fasting profile is available and includes:
- Total Cholesterol
- HDL Cholesterol (good cholesterol)
- LDL Cholesterol (bad cholesterol)
Keep in mind these are only our standard recommendations. Methodist Healthcare can customize a plan that specifically meets the needs of your employee population.
Does holding an employee health screening actually help?
Early detection and chronic disease prevention is very important when addressing increased medical care claims among organizations. Knowing employee health risk factors not only allows behavior change, but also saves lives and can help prevent excess health claim costs down the road.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Methodist Healthcare for your company-wide health screenings:
- We are local! Our nurses come to YOU so your employees do not have to leave work to participate in the screening.
- Lower per person cost than the competition. Methodist is able to offer a lower price because of the short travel time and local RN staff.
- Flexibility – Our local coordinator can customize a program to fit your specific company’s needs.
- Our relationships with local hospitals, physicians and insurance companies all benefit you and your bottom line.
- Health screenings reduce insurance claims throughout the company. In turn, your company saves thousands of dollars!
- We provide a quick turnaround for summary of results. And after you receive your results, Methodist can work with you to schedule an RN to visit your company monthly for wellness initiatives (ie. Blood pressure screenings, Lunch and Learns, etc.)
If you would like to discuss the details of Methodist Healthcare’s On-Site Wellness Screenings or to schedule your organization’s health screenings, please contact an Occupational Health representative at 901.516.1443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.