Volunteer with Hospice
Methodist Hospice volunteers log a total of 300 hours a month in support of our patients and families.
Choose from a variety of roles, depending on your skills and interests.
- Keep patients company.
- Support families after the death of their loved one.
- Help patients relax and find enjoyment.
- Perform clerical tasks in our office or maintain our music library.
- Help with mailings, holiday events, fundraising, Camp BraveHearts and other events.
- Participate in alternative therapies, such as music and/or pet therapy
- Run errands for the patients and family, such as grocery shopping or going to the post office.
- Provide respite for the patient’s primary caregiver.
- Peform in light housekeeping/yard work.
Before beginning your volunteer assignment, you must complete an eight-hour training session with our volunteer supervisor, where you will learn:
- The philosophy of hospice
- The hospice team you are now a part of
- Our culture of patient- and family-centered care
- The different levels of care and symptom management
- The emotional, spiritual, and physical aspects of a terminal illness
- Concepts of death and dying