Take control of your diabetes through classes led by our nurse practitioners, pharmacists and dieticians.
Programs at Methodist South
Diabetes Wellness & Prevention Center
We offer help understanding and managing your diabetes. We provide:
- Exams and screenings
- Help managing medicines and medical devices (blood glucose testing, inhalers, etc.)
- Nutrition support and meal planning
- Help with weight management
- Help finding resources
- Personal check up calls between visits
Monday - Thursday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Appointment required. Call 901-758-7888
Methodist South Medical Office Complex
1251 Wesley Dr., Ste.151
Programs at Methodist Germantown
- Methodist Germantown's diabetes classes are nationally recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
- Classes are taught by certified diabetes educators, registered nurses and registered dieticians.
- Classes meet weekly and advance registration is required.
- Click here for a printable flyer with more information.
Diabetes Education Classes
- Provides an overview of diabetes and covers topics like nutrition, physical activity, emotions and stress management, medications, monitoring, goal setting, problem solving, lifestyle adjustments, risk reduction and preventing, detecting and treating complications.
- You meet with a certified diabetes nurse educator to determine goals and outline a teaching plan customized to you.
- You are actively involved in the decision making process.
Gestational Diabetes Class
- For expectant mothers
- Helps you manage gestational diabetes and focuses on your nutrition and maintaining normal blood glucose levels.
- Glucose meter training is available.
One-on-One Education is available for:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Special needs patients
- Insulin training and/or medication management training
- One-on-one sessions generally last about 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- If you need one-one-one education, please let us know when scheduling an appointment.
Register for Classes at Methodist Germantown
- Check with your insurance company to find out if your plan covers diabetes education. Most will cover it as long as it is requested by your doctor.
- Ask your doctor to fax a written request for the class or complete this diabetes class referral form (PDF) and fax it to 901-516-4900.
- Your doctor/doctor’s office must register you for the class by calling 901-516-9000.
If you have any questions or need to change or cancel your appointment, contact Kristy Merritt at 901-516-6616 or Kristy.Merritt@mlh.org .
Advance registration required. Call 901-516-9000.
Methodist Germantown Hospital
7705 Poplar Avenue in Medical Office Bldg. B, Suite #150
Germantown, TN 38138