Methodist Employee Assistance Program (EAP) works closely with supervisors so the organization and its employees receive the greatest benefit.
The Supervisor's Role
As a leader in your organization, you can ensure the program's success in these ways:
- Provide information about the EAP to your employees
- Encourage use of the EAP
- Refer troubled employees to the EAP
When to Refer an Employee
Common situations include:
- Chronic absenteeism and tardiness
- High accident rate
- Poor judgment/decision-making
- Lack of concentration
- Difficulty in getting along with coworkers
Please remember, all discussions between the counselor and the employee are held in strict confidence.