Who is eligible for TAVR?
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) offers new hope to patients who are too high risk for traditional heart valve replacement surgery.
You may be a candidate for TAVR if you are diagnosed with severe aortic stenosis and:
- have multiple illnesses
- are frail
- are elderly
- are diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- are diagnosed with PVD (peripheral vascular disease)
- are diagnosed with kidney disease
- have had open heart surgery in the past
- have a damaged artificial heart valve
- have any of the following symptoms: chest pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, lightheadedness or fainting
Our Valve Clinic specializes in the TAVR procedure and offers comprehensive care for patients with aortic stenosis. To schedule an appointment, call us at 901-763-0200.
Methodist Valve Clinic
7460 Wolf River Blvd.
Germantown, TN 38138