The Methodist University Hospital School of Radiologic and Imaging Sciences is now offering registered radiologic technologists the opportunity to participate in a three-month supervised clinical internship in the imaging specialty of their choice. This internship program is currently offering opportunities in both CT and MRI.
This internship program provides radiographers seeking ARRT registry eligibility in the specialty area(s) of their choice access to clinical education settings. Participants would be responsible for the independent study of all information pertinent to the ARRT exam for their selected modality. This program provides only the clinical education not the didactic education.
In order to sit for the national boards in other imaging modalities, a technologist must perform a required number of exams. This program gives the technologist the opportunity to do just that. The following is a list of the required number of exams for each modality:
CT – A minimum of 125 repetitions of 25 out of the 54 procedures
MRI – A minimum of 120 repetitions across all procedures
- Provide specialization opportunities for graduates and technologists to enhance their marketability.
- To meet the anticipated demand for post primary certified technologists.
- Encourage professional development/continuing education.
- Completed application form
- Application fee of $50
- Official radiography education transcript from an accredited JRCERT program
- Current ARRT Certification Card documenting the applicant is registered in Radiography (R)
- Current CPR card
- Tuition: $1,000 per three month internship
- Liability insurance: approximately $25
- Drug Screen: $40
- Criminal Background Check: $25
For more information contact:
Melissa Yarbro, MBA, RT(R)
Director, School of Radiologic and Imaging Sciences
Methodist University Hospital
1265 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
Telephone (901) 516-8099
Fax (901) 516-2870
All information is subject to change without notice