Application Process & Deadline
To apply for a pharmacy residency program, complete an application using the PhorCAS® online system. Application materials for all programs must be submitted through PhorCAS® by January 1 of each year. We do not accept applications via any other method.
You’ll be required to provide:
- Current copy of Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three (3) references who complete the following:
- At least 2 of the 3 references must be from clinical practitioners with experience evaluating the candidates' direct patient care skills.
- If more than 3 references are submitted, only the first 3 received will be used in the initial candidate scoring assessment.
- Letter of intent /cover letter
- Complete school/college of pharmacy transcripts
Please complete the PhorCAS® Electronic Reference Form in lieu of submitting a traditional letter of recommendation. Full letters of recommendation should NOT be included in the program-specific comments section at the end of the form. Reference writers should provide narrative comments on at least 4 of the evaluated areas on the PhorCAS® Electronic Reference Form. We request that anytime “exceeds” is selected, reference writers provide examples and short commentary to support this assessment. The program-specific comment box should be reserved for areas the reference writer believes the candidate truly excels above others and are not assessed in other areas of the PhorCAS® Electronic Reference Form.
You must meet the following requirements to apply:
- Graduate from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Participate in and adhere to the rules of the Resident Matching Program process.
- Begin the residency program on or about July 1.
- Obtain licensure in Tennessee within 60 days of beginning the residency program
- Additional PGY2 residency program criteria:
- Completed an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program or received documented approval from ASHP accreditation services.
- Complete a 30 minute presentation if invited for on-site interview
- Foreign applicants without valid work permits throughout the entire duration of the residency will not be considered.