The Center of Excellence in Faith & Health is intentional about being supportive of partnerships and openly collaborative at a number of levels, both local and international.
Local Community Partners
Church Health Center (CHC): The CHC is a large privately funded clinic for the working uninsured. The Church Health Center also provides a range of health-related services and community outreach programs. It provides several congregational health initiatives, and has programs where congregational health workers engage with Memphis churches.
Christ Community Health Services (CCHS): is a large faith-based federally qualified health clinic, which includes health care centers at five sites and outreach programs to the uninsured. The Christ Community Health Services’ Memphis Healthy Churches program targets African-American churches with health and wellness programs. It provides training for church health representatives who work to educate congregations on prevention and symptoms of diseases that disproportionately affect African-Americans.
Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association (MIFA): runs eight programs working at a community level to address poverty in Memphis. Programs are aimed at sustaining the independence of seniors, stabilizing and transforming families in crisis, and equipping urban teens for success. In relation to church-community engagement, MIFA notes that it partners with more than 200 congregations in West Tennessee.
Other local community partners include:
- The Center for Transforming Communities
- Healthy Memphis Common Table
- The Memphis Muslim Medical Clinic
- The Mid-South Comfort Care Coalition
- The Memphis Conference of the United Methodist Church
- The Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church
- The Mississippi Conference of the United Methodist Church
- The Emotional Fitness Centers
- The Mental Health Summit
Local Academic Partners
- University of Memphis: The School of Public Health is a partner in the work and research of the Center of Excellence in Faith & Health.
- Memphis Theological Seminary: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare staff serve as design and teaching faculty in the seminary offering of a Doctor of Ministry degree in Faith and Health, named “Body and Soul” and offer a clinical site for emersion in the daily work of chaplaincy.
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Rhodes College
- Rust College